Off Net Solutions Specialist
Will also accept candidates in Edison, NJ.
The Off-Net Solutions Specialist will be responsible for administrating the pre-sales and post-sales process of sourcing, ordering, tracking and auditing/reconciling records in regards to lit and dark circuit activations, moves/adds/changes, terminations, as well as other facilities, circuit components, and leased 3rd party network interconnections. As a key member of our Off-Net Operations team, this person is also required to drive continual process improvement, gain operational efficiency, control costs, and provide a level of service which meets or exceeds customer and other department expectations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES – SUMMARY
• Obtain pricing for, and process orders for, circuits orders with 3rd party carriers and service providers – Initial Quotations, Orders, Applications, Augments, Disconnects relating to Type II Circuits, which could also include additional facilities such as Power, Equipment and/or Space.
• Act as a point of contact for the LT Sales and Engineering/Operations organizations. Be a point of contact for Type II providers’ account teams. Maintain effective relationships with all providers.
• Ensure committed installation dates are met, and communicate effectively with LT PM and other depts. as needed.
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Maintain vendor data, rate sheets, & service availability documentation for each Type II provider across the network.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS SKILL & ABILITIES
• Basic understanding of Ethernet technologies
• Basic understanding of SONET/TDM technologies
• Basic understanding of OSP/ISP construction
• Familiarity with circuit inventory and facility management OSS applications. NetCracker experience desired.
• Experience managing multiple vendors and resources in order to deliver time-sensitive projects.
• Intermediate (or better) knowledge of MS Excel.
JOB EXPERIENCE – REQUIRED
• 5 years of Telecommunications Operations Management, or Bachelor’s Degree in a Related Field
• Experienced with Cross connects, Lit and Dark Circuits, co-location spaces, meet-me-rooms, carrier hotels and cross-connect types, e.g. TELX, Equinix, Verizon etc.
• Understanding of Telecommunications Networks
• Understanding of Type II circuit provider ordering installation, test, and turn-up procedures
DESIRED COMPUTER SKILLS
• Experience with the following OSS applications desired:
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• Bachelor’s Degree, or
• 5 Years Telecommunications experience
s•com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.