Transport Network Technician
Little Rock, AR
Assist with management, operational support, and troubleshooting for Optical Fiber to the Tower (Backhaul) wholesale customer data and transport services. Other responsibilities may include support for Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Dark Fiber, and Wave services. Candidates will need to be able to work any shift in a 24/7 NOC environment.
• Working with LEC’s, IXC’s, vendors, internal departments, and customers to successfully troubleshoot impairments and outages as required.
• Utilize Remedy ticketing system for documentation, escalations and Field Operations Dispatches.
• Follow prescribed escalation (internal/external) polices within SLAs
• Accept escalations as provided by Management.
• Ability to read and interpret CLR/DLRs
• Strong ability to work complex problems, evaluate information and arrive at creative solutions
• Strong understanding of monitoring/troubleshooting practices and procedures
- Desired Skills/Knowledge:
• Well versed in optical Ethernet functionality
• Familiarity with DWDM, passive and active systems
• Ethernet over Sonet services
• Ciena/Cyan Z series transport
• Cisco ONS transport systems
• Infinera experience
• Accedian Metro Ethernet familiarity – Metronode/Metronid technologies
• L2/L3 VPN
• MEF 2.0
• Juniper/Cisco Router experience
• Y.1564/Y.1731 Testing Standards
Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree in a relevant field desired, and 3+ years of relevant experience. Or some combination of experience and education.
This is a 6 month contract position. Serious inquiries are encouraged to email resume to email@example.com with job title in subject line.
s•com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.