Location: Anchorage, AK
Term: Permanent Position
- Tower stacking construction. Bolt equipment into place, using hand or power tools.
- Install and test appropriate power, ground, coaxial or OSP cables. (fiber and copper)
- Replace existing antennas with new antennas as directed.
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components, including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors, or tower-mounted amplifiers (TMAs). ISP. Microwave.
- Perform basic rigging, using haul & tag systems. Tie solid knots including the Figure eight, Prussic, Alpine butterfly and Water knot
- Test operation of tower transmission components, using sweep testing tools or software.
- Take site survey photos or photos of work performed, using digital cameras.
- Complete reports related to project status, progress, safety reporting or other work details, using computer software.
- Must be willing to travel to remote locations in Alaska (Cold weather gear and PPE provided)
- Relocation Assistance Provided
- Project work: 12-hour shifts, average 5-14 days at a time
- All weekend hours are paid time and a half (So one week of 12-hour shifts = 80 hrs at regular pay & 88 hours of time and a half)
- Top Candidates will have experience with microwaves and building tower structures including guyed towers.
- Current certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required.
***Follow us on LinkedIn at s.com, Inc. to keep up to date with our available positions!
s•com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.